October 20, 2009

My Birthday!

I can't believe another birthday has come and gone. The years seem to be going by too fast. My birthday was so great this year. It was on a Friday which for some reason made it even better. I think the fact that I knew it was the end of the week and I didn't have to get up and go to work the next day made it great. I couldn't have asked for better weather that day. It was a cool morning but it warmed up nicely to a perfect 72 degrees. When I got to work, Laura, a co-worker had made me carrot cake cup cakes (carrot cake is my favorite) with homemade icing. Sooo good! I had to work off campus in the morning as a part of a job fair for high schoolers. After we finished with the fair, my awesome boss, Kim took me out to PF Changs for lunch. It was delicious! Thank you Kim!

After lunch I went back to the office for a while to finish some things up and then left a little early for the day. It was such a wonderful day that I couldn't help myself! I got home and took Sophie for a run. She was such a good running partner that we ran a little extra. I got home and got ready for a night out.

Andrew hadn't gotten home from work so we were waiting on him to leave for dinner. He got home and gave me my gift. He thought he was so funny trying to pull a trick on me. It was a little funny but at the time I was a little disappointed. He gave me a little bag with a little box in it. I knew he was getting me jewelery for my birthday since all of mine was taken in our robbery. So, I opened the box and there were fake 1 carat earrings in the box. He said the look on my face was priceless. He ended up giving me a diamond necklace that is absolutely beautiful! Thank you honey, I love you!

We headed out for dinner at the Melting Pot with Derek, Tanya, Meagan and Reif. It was sooo good and we were all so full. I think the chocolate course was my favorite followed by the cheese! We were going to head out to Pete's Piano Bar after but we were so full, we ended up going to a wine bar for a drink and called it a night. We went home and had a piece of carrot cake that Meagan had made for me the night before. Thanks sweet girl! It was such a great birthday. Thanks to everyone that helped me celebrate and wished me a happy birthday. It was a greatday! PS. I forgot my camera and have no pictures of the celebration which sucks!

1 comment:

  1. yay! so glad you had such a fun birthday! that's awesome what Andrew did, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete