Here is my birth story:
I started having contractions at 6:30am when I got up to go to work. I took and shower and got ready like any other day but started timing the contractions anyway and they were about 5 minutes apart for about a minute. I continued to time them and decided not to leave for work until Andrew got up. Shortly after he got up he started to time them and they were getting more intense. At about 8am they were about 4 minutes apart for one minute. They continued like this for another two hours. Finally at about 9:45-10ish we decided we better go to the hospital. So we finished packing the bag and packed everything in the car. We hoped we wouldn't get sent home! We arrived at the hospital about 10:20. I was hooked up to a contraction monitor and monitor for the baby's heart. My contractions went from 4 minutes to 3 minutes to 2 minutes apart. I was only 2 cm dilated so I wasn't for sure if they would keep me. Then at 11am my water broke and we knew we were having a baby that day! How excited we were. We called all the family to let them know to leave and make the long drive!
I was put into a labor and delivery room to continue the laboring process. My contractions were getting more intense and by 2pm I wanted an epidural. They checked my progress at 2pm and I was at 5 cm dilated. The epidural was sweet relief (I don't know how our mom's did without!). They let me rest until 5 pm when they came to check me again. The nurse had good news, I was at a 10!!!!! We couldn't believe it, so they prepped me for delivery and to push. Then my contractions went from 2 to 4 minutes apart which didn't help with pushing. Babies pulse had dropped a couple of times and then recovered. The she did it again but it stayed like that for about 4-5 minutes. The doctor gave me oxygen to see if that would help but it didn't so he called in a bunch of nurses to help and got the vacuum out! He had to use the vacuum twice on Alex so she had a cone head for a short time but I did the last two pushes and she was out at 6:08pm! So after about 12 hours of labor and 20 or so minutes of pushing, Alex joined the world.
It has been a ride every since. She is the most precious little girl and so adorable! We couldn't have asked for a better baby! She has light red hair and is super cute! The other issue we have been dealing with is that she has jaundice. We had to make daily trips to the pediatricians office to monitor it but it has gone down. I think with her feeding schedule and of course pooping schedule she has been able to get rid of it on her own. We thank God everyday for bringing this little miracle into our lives, we can't believe she is ours! Below are a few pictures of right after the birth. I will post some more recent ones in a bit!




she's such a doll! congrats again, you two!!!! cant wait to come hold her again! ps- jacobs been saying "bay-bee" all day today! hehe :)
ReplyDelete